No child should have to go to bed hungry at night. Yet, 1 in 3 children are at risk for hunger here in the Silicon Valley.
Starting Monday 4/24/17 and running through the end of May, we will be collecting food and funds for the Second Harvest Food Bank serving Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties for their 2017 Stand Up for Kids Food and Fund Campaign because #HungerHurts.
You can help by dropping donated items off to one of our 3 collection sites: Colma Police Department (1199 El Camino Real), Sterling Park Recreation Center (427 F Street), and the Colma Community Center (1520 Hillside Boulevard).
Please consider donating from their most needed items:
- Meals in a can (soup, stew, chili)
- Tuna or canned chicken
- Peanut butter
- Canned foods with pop-top lids
- Canned fruit in its own juice or water
- Low-sodium canned vegetables
- Olive or canola oil
- Low-sugar whole grain cereals
- Healthy snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit)
- NO SODA OR CANDY PLEASE!!!
If you can’t make it to a drop off location, you can make a direct online donation here: