With Black Friday and Cyber Monday around the corner, we don’t want you to get caught up in the holiday hustle and bustle and lose sight of safety precautions you can take to help keep yourself and your property safe.
Tips for Preventing Porch Package Pilfering:
* Install security cameras.
* Ship the package to another location if you aren’t generally home such as your office or a neighbor/friends’ home.
* Buddy with a neighbor that will be home.
* Choose “delivery pick up” so they hold your package rather than leave it on your vacant doorstep or in your open vestibule.
* Choose a shipping option so you have to sign for delivery.
* Keep an eye on the package’s delivery status so you know when to expect it.
* If friends/relatives are sending something, ask them to send you the tracking number.
* Use Amazon lockers for Amazon deliveries.
Tips for Preventing Vehicle Burglaries:
* Lock your car doors and roll up windows.
* Keep packages and valuables out of sight.
* When dropping off packages to your vehicle, consider re-parking. Suspects monitor parking lots.
* Be aware of your surroundings.
* Avoid people selling used gift cards.
* It’s okay to say NO to panhandlers.
* Avoid talking on your cell phone while walking.
* Do not leave cell phones or other internet accessible devices on in car.
Remember, if you see something suspicious, report it immediately!