For a current list of employment positions available with the Town of Colma, please visit the Town of Colma Human Resources page.
Town of Colma Invites Applications for
Police Community Service Officer
$32.11 to $39.04 per hour*
Applications due December 15, 2017
*2% increase 12/31/17
Varied Work Hours as needed – Not a set schedule
Days, Evenings & Weekends
Under direction of a Sergeant, the Police Community Service Officer is an entry level, non-sworn, technical support classification associated with law enforcement in the Town Police Department. A Community Service Officer may perform a variety of responsible duties not requiring the attention of a sworn officer. The focus of the incumbent is parking enforcement. This position works less than 950 hours per year and less than 20 hours on average per week.
Employment applications are available at the following locations:
1198 El Camino Real
1199 El Camino Real
Colma Community Center
1520 Hillside Blvd
You may also call 650.997.8300 to have an application sent to you or you may download it from here.
A TOWN EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED TO HUMAN RESOURCES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR APPOINTMENT BY 5pm, FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2017. A RESUME AND COVER LETTER RECOMMENDED.
Send correspondence to: Town of Colma
1198 El Camino Real
Colma, CA 94014
• Identify, warn, cite and authorize towing of abandoned vehicles and vehicles in violation of other parking restrictions
• Take minor incident reports and make report copies
• Provide information to, answer inquiries from, and assist as needed members of the public
• Cooperate with other police personnel, other Town departments and related county and social service agencies, and investigate selected Code Enforcement Violations
• Enter and retrieve information from police department computers and communicate via telephone and police radio
• Assist in the placement of the Radar Trailer
• Fingerprint (Livescan) members of the public and employment applicants
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: Requires possession of a high school diploma or equivalent
Experience: One (1) year of responsible public contact experience
Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid California Class C Driver’s License, which must be maintained as a condition of employment
Must also pass a background investigation.
The most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the selection process.
THE INFORMATION INCLUDED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE CHANGED AT ANY TIME. THE INFORMATION IS NOT AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT. THE TOWN WILL MAKE REASONABLE EFFORTS IN THE SELECTION PROCESS TO ACCOMMODATE PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES. PLEASE ADVISE THE PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT OF SUCH NEEDS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION. ALL EMPLOYEES HIRED BY THE TOWN OF COLMA MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRODUCE CERTAIN DOCUMENTS VERIFYING SUCH INFORMATION. EOE