Police Officer – P.O.S.T. Graduate/Lateral
Police Officer – P.O.S.T. Academy Graduate/Lateral
$8,683 to $10,656 per month
Final Filing Date: February 15, 2019
The Town of Colma Police Department is seeking individuals who have graduated from a California P.O.S.T. certified academy and are committed to public safety and quality service to community residents, businesses, and visitors. We are a small, professional department, which enthusiastically supports the professional development of our Police Officers through unique training and academic opportunities.
- Police Officers answer calls for the protection of life and property and for the enforcement of State and local laws. Police Officers conduct investigations of crimes and arrest suspects; investigate traffic accidents and enforce traffic laws; present evidence in court and interview complainants.
- Responds to emergencies to protect life and property.
- Proactively identifies community issues and develops solutions with an emphasis on community-oriented policing and problem-solving approach.
- Maintains a highly visible presence and provides a high level of service to the community.
- Patrols assigned areas within the community for the prevention and detection of crime and enforcement of laws and regulations.
- Addresses traffic safety issues and provides for orderly and safe traffic flow within the community. Identifies causes of problems and develops strategies to reduce traffic-related injuries and property damage.
Minimum Qualifications: Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities.
Experience, Education and Training:
Applicants must have a high school diploma/GED and completed 30 college semester units at an accredited college or university. Applicants may be appointed with less than 30 semester units with an agreement to complete the remaining units within a reasonable time period to be determined by the Police Chief. Previous volunteer or paid experience in law enforcement is desired.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- U.S. Citizen or resident alien and proof of application for citizenship as required by California Government Code Section 1031(a).
- Possess and maintain (with a satisfactory driving record) a valid California driver’s license.
- Must have graduated from a California P.O.S.T. certified academy within the past 3 years.
- Previous volunteer or paid experience in law enforcement is desired.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR.
For more information click here to view the brochure.
To apply, please fill out the employment application.